View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Vex
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownugly View Post
Pocono mountains eh. I might see you on the highway. I commute from Scranton to Bethlehem every day. I run 33 to 80 to 380.

Welcome and happy motoring!!
I travel between tobyhanna and honesdale for the most part anymore, but I go to Dickson city Hyundai for my services.

I found that by using the "ECO" mode the car will shift to the highest available gear as soon as possible (seems to be around 1500 RPM)...which definitely helps, however, once I hit a hill, boost kicks in and gulps the gas. Interestingly enough though, there was one particular hill/mountain that I ended up staying in boost to climb (not by choice), which ended up being about 3 miles of incline, the MPG gauge only dropped by .3....which is pretty good. As I said though, I want to avoid boost whenever possible for maximum mileage.

Also, would it be ok to shift into neutral on declines? Would that have a negative effect on the car? Only reason I ask is because my car can end up going 70 down a few local hills, and I notice that the engine RPMs climb with the speed...so if I can keep the engine at idle speed and just rev-match veg ore shifting back into "D", would I be ok?

Also, it's a shame I can't EOC easily, since the car is equipped with a push button start, which requires the brake pedal to be pressed to start.