View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
wyatt
EcoModder

Big Salsa - '04 Toyota Sienna LE

Silver - '10 Toyota Prius III
Some say belly pan, some say air dam... I say (based on observing a lot of cases) that the belly pan helps either way, so go ahead and do it first. Putting an air dam in front of the wheels (think just long spats to deflect air) seems to be a good help also. Those that have done testing on air dams tend to find that as far as drag is concerned, it turns out to be best to cut a bunch out of the middle/bottom of the airdam to allow some air to go under the vehicle. When I look at it I wind up saying, "so you are really just adding big spats in front of the tires..."
Looking at your car, I definitely say that a windshield wiper block would be good, and smooth hubcaps wouldn't hurt anything, but it's hard to say how much of an improvement you would see from them (keep them cheap). You'll thank yourself for doing the smooth belly pan if you do any amount of driving at higher speeds. My wife and I could hold a conversation after I did mine. That is compared to having to almost shout without it. YMMV
EDIT
Oh, KammBack angle should be somewhere between 12 and 15 degrees. Try to make the transition as smooth as possible. Before you build a kammback, you should do some tuft testing to make sure you have attached flow over the roof of the car. I suspect you should, but if not, the kammback will only be a conversation piece.