View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
mush3gan
EcoModding Lurker

Mi-chan - '05 Toyota Corolla S
Last 3: 31.74 mpg (US)

Temp - '10 Toyota Corolla LE
90 day: 36.17 mpg (US)

Mom - '99 Honda CR-V
90 day: 27.82 mpg (US)

MESI - '10 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 26.83 mpg (US)
New user - 05 Corolla

Hi everyone, I found this site just looking for other people's specs on the 2005 Corolla.

About a month ago i was speeding at 104 mph when i was stopped by a police officer and received not only a $500 ticket but a warning that i could have been arrested. shocked and scared, I realized how stupid I was and just two days later i read about Wayne Gerdes on CNN. in a matter of days my entire ideology shifted. i used to be in it for the fun ride, trying to get to places as fast as possible, etc. but now, one month later i have no desire whatsoever to waste fuel by racing other cars or accelerating hard.

i used to get on average about 22-25 MPG on my 2005 Corolla, with a maximum of about 27 mpg for long trips. after my ticket i've slowly increased my maximum MPG to 35.6 MPG just yesterday modifying only my driving techniques such as coasting towards red lights and driving slower. i'm not ready to use any "engine-off" techniques yet... but does anyone else have any suggestions of "basic" techniques i can use to further increase my mileage??

thanks