View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
3dplane
EcoModding Apprentice

14 Mirage - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 68.74 mpg (US)
Thank you guys!

Yes I agree it would be nice to have taller gearing,the engine could certainly handle it torque wise.

What I should have said is I expected the gearing to be worse=higher RPMs so I was glad to see that it is not that terrible : )

I did drive the CVT automatic and indeed it runs at a lovely lower RPM with a light foot, however I can not give up the control and the piece of mind the manual gives me over the auto.

Funny to me that these engine RPMs do not sound high while driving. For example the same RPM from a 4 cylinder would drive me nuts.
I guess it is the harmonics of the 3 cylinder has sort of an audible illusion of a lower RPM ?

Another thing to mention. This morning got in the car to go to work,and as I'm backing out of my parking spot I look down to the average MPG display I see 17.X and climbing...I parked it showing 57.4 what happened?
(BTW you know you're an ecomodder when you are looking at the MPG display during reversing..)

Well, looking into the manual I learn there are auto reset and manual reset modes that are to be switched from one to the other by scrolling to the RANGE display and then hold down the button to go from "A" (auto) to "B" (manual). Anything automatic to me means "it will do something out of your control that you did not want to happen" : ) So now it is manual reset mode.

Just to mention:
This thing is not tiny on the inside.
I'm 6'4" and I have plenty of leg and head room.The gray blob is my knee.

Random image of the car:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:
aerohead (04-09-2014), Daox (11-05-2013), MetroMPG (11-05-2013)