View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
ssnsvibe09
hypermiller somewhat.....

Sierra - '13 GMC 1500 SLE
90 day: 12.24 mpg (US)

Cruze Eco - '15 chevrolet Cruze Eco
Team Chevy
90 day: 46.52 mpg (US)
I am kicking those options as well a product from Garmin, I need something to show and be very good at logging engine data. I was thinking about tuner items but my research indicates that will not provide much value IMO for a variety of reasons.

I have MT, and I recently discovered that my vehicle has DFCO, so I have to discover techniques in which I can make it work for me beyond the simple neutral coasting.

The reality is that my heater will support my early morning start requirements when going to work or responding to calls as a volunteer fire fighter. I am discovering that the 400 watt unit might be limited in capability. More to follow…

As a generally manufactured car it is pretty good economy wise and it seems that I have been successful thus far beating the EPA I have tracked my success on other internet resources and will slowly transfer them over to this one.

My mission is to stretch a tank of fuel as far as I can while maintaining highway speeds. My urban driving is approximately 10% distance and 20% time.

There are certain mods and techniques that I will not been attempting but I certainly enjoy reading about them and the outcomes. I am working on ideas about the grille block and roof racks.

The goal for the grill block is to make it as obscure as possible…

The roof racks are OEM therefore I have to invest into components that reseal the roof line when they are removed. From what I understand it will cost 150 dollars to do that which is approximately 3 tanks of fuel.

I live in Bridgewater (only 10 minutes from Lunenburg) and travel to Halifax daily one of the hilliest single lane highways left in the province, hence the intent to maintain speed while on the highway between 90 and 100 Kph depending on traffic.

I intend to contribute more, fuel economy was easy for me in the past with at 93 ford tempo base 5 speed which was replaced by a 2001 accent base with 5 speed which gave up when the engine started to show signs of failure. Last year.

The current car I have owned since new but only started to drive it fulltime last year.