View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
k3ith
EcoModding Lurker

Hi from Cleveland

Ok, so I found the site a few years ago, lurked till about 6 months ago when I finally signed up. By the time I got the welcome email I'd forgotten what I was going to comment on so I didn't bother. Obviously I'm not the quickest at getting around to saying hi.

So about me; I hate driving. I'm just annoyed at the thought of using a 2 ton box to move me around town. So for several years I took the bus to work everyday (great for taking naps, reading a book, recovering from a hangover, etc.) Unfortunately 2 years ago I got laid off and had to take a job that's not on a bus route from home. So I'm stuck with a commute that requires a vehicle. I have a couple of motorcycles that I use most of the time and when the weather turns to crap I suck it up and spend 2 hours sitting on busses and making 3 transfers just to go 12 miles. (As the title indicates, I live in Cleveland so the weather pretty much turns to crap a couple days a week from Halloween till Easter.) At some point I'm going to have to suck it up and buy a car, but I'm putting it off as I really really hate driving.

You'll probably mostly find me lurking around the motorcycle/scooter threads, but I figured I'd say hi here.