View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #98 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoBennie View Post
pgfpro, i hate you..... (not really)... My plan is to drive the crx vx to work and back (75 miles a day), so I can take my 04 off the road and rebuild it..... but I would so love to turbo the crx run 13s and get 60mpg..... but with lean tuning, what can you get out of a k24 3000 pound civic? I average 30 with it now. I still have the K20 and was thinking about turbocharging it. I did run E85 in it for 2 years when I lived close to work, if I could get 30mpg on E85, I would be very happy!
I would think you would be able to run 13's in your CRX pretty easy with a turbo.

I messed with a customers K20 that had a generic turbo kit. We had it getting around 32 mpg avg with k pro. I just didn't get enough time to see what it really could do? So I'm not to sure on that one.

Running E85 you will lose some fuel mileage do its lower btu content. You might be able to get it back to a petrol base by increasing the compression?

Quote:
BongoBennie also, do we know how strong the VX internals are compared to other d series?

The D15 rods look like they should be in a lawn mower. They are extremely small in size compared to the D16Z6 rods. So i can't imagine the VX rods being any smaller? lol