View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
Galane
Master EcoModder

Hopefully it works for you. Also check your oil fill cap and PCV connections to the valve covers for good sealing.

I dunno why GM has had a history of making completely unnecessarily different parts for single models or single model/engine/transmission combos when a part that does the exact same thing is used on many others with the same drivetrain - and those different parts do nothing different other than adding more expense to GM's bottom line.

I had a 1986 Cimarron with 2.8L V6. The right radiator tank cracked. Guess what? Unique tank for the Cimarron. Couldn't use the exact same tank as the "hotted up" Cavalier J-Body model with V6. I lucked out at the radiator shop. About a decade before he'd replaced the right tank on one of those Cavaliers and the place he got the tanks from had screwed up and sent a Cimarron tank, then didn't want it back. So instead of a week I got the radiator back the next day because he'd had that tank up in the shop's loft for 10 years.

Two different, non-interchangeable parts that do the same thing, in the same basic vehicle, with the same engine. No rhyme nor reason for it!