View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Recumpence
EcoModding Apprentice

My C-Max - '13 Ford C-Max SEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Congrats on the improvements!

I'd be wary of trying to draw hard conclusions from small changes in MPG, though. I think you said it best: "This seems way over the top for such a tiny change." Trying to assign a value to each mod is going to be tough outside of a lab or wind tunnel (esp. for the smallest ones).

They look great, by the way.
After 40,000 miles driving the same area every day, I know what the car does on a regular basis. It is very consistant. I can tell you my mileage is up 5mpg at the very least with the mods I have done so far, maybe 6mpg. I have gone from working hard to hit 52mpg (in warm weather) to 57mpg being an every day average with my best day of 62.1mpg for 120 miles.

At any rate, I have numerous other mods to do. What I am trying to achieve is 60mpg daily in summer and 50mpg on the worst winter days. That would be an average 8mpg gain over stock. I am 3mpg away from that now. I think I can easily get 1 more mpg easily with an upper grille block, finishing off the rear of the belly pan, and a few other small details. The last couple mpg gains will probably far more difficult to achieve.

Matt