View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
ever_green
Master EcoModder

gueff - '19 Mercedes Benz A250 4MATIC AMG
90 day: 30.55 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff88 View Post
Agreed!

And also... subscribed! Very cool concept. I wonder if there is a way to trick the system into thinking it needs to lock up the converter when you want it to, instead of when it thinks it should. That might net you another couple of MPG.
not that I know of...I have heard of commercial softwares for scions like ECUTEK. but i'm not sure about toyotas. I have seen some people doing DBW to cable conversions though. There is growing support for software tunings on vehicles with growing role of computers on cars though. One other thing that can also be tuned is the variable timing and lift systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Nice project.

Manufacturers are doing this more and more with "Eco" buttons that smooth/calm throttle inputs (among other things).

There was a similar mod done by Julian Edgar (Autospeed) and others for the 1st generation Honda Insight which was intended to smooth out throttle transitions in order to keep from accidentally kicking the engine out of lean burn mode. In that application, a capacitor was used to "buffer" the throttle signal: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tor-25641.html
thanks. Yes good thing about electronic systems in cars are that you do not need to have an engineering degree to mess with it.