View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #137 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

A double post - whilst looking at cars for the above I recalled a rather superb Brit film called "A School for Scoundrels" starring of course Terry-Thomas (above) and the also late and also great Ian Carmichael - this has a car link, believe me.

In this film Carmichael is at first defeated in his attempts to persue a girl (Janette Scott) by Terry-Thomas due to his poor choice in clothes, cars and sports.

The Terry-Thomas car is an Aston DB3S in real life but given a wild and strange italian name in the film (why I don't know, it looks exotic enough)

To get his own back the Carmichael character buys a "sports" car of his own, the Swiftmobile :

Which of course fails. After he completes the "School of Gamesmanship" course he wins at Tennis, wins the girl and of course has a much nicer car - an Austin Healey 3000.

Loads of nice cars in one film, a funny story and Terry Thomas - what is not to like ?

No the 2006 film was cr@p just like the remake of The Italian Job was cr@p and the remake of Get Carter was also cr@p.

BTW this site is worth a peruse.

IMCDb.org: Home page
larrybuck (11-13-2013)