View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
TheOutdoorAdventure
Ecogeek in training

Trout - '04 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 39.39 mpg (US)
It has a lot of great features, including a dashboard that you can configure to show 5 dials, including RPM, Engine load, Manifold pressure, timing advance, etc.
That's aside from the fuel economy screen which shows a bar graph of driving history and current MPG or L/100.
Also, you can record, "at the pump which takes the distance you've covered since your last entry (based on GPS, but editable by you) and allows you to enter liters/gallons used and price of fuel. It keeps a running total of this and stores it in a file on the GPS.

Oh and I can read and reset engine codes if/when they appear.
One downside is that it takes up to 30 seconds to connect (usually 5 to 10) and I'm not sure if it stores that data in the ecoroute device for when it connects. also, if you shut off your car it turns off the ecoroute (it's ODPII powered)

At the end of each trip it tells you distance covered, fuel used, total price of fuel used and average fuel economy for the trip.

As for fuel economy adjustments for my car I just filled up today. Comparing my Tripmeter (776.5 km for 41.5L) to the GPS/ecoroute (755.5 km for 41.5) and knowing that the speedometer is off by about 8-10% (based on GPS speed vs speedometer) I'm wondering if the ecoroute/garmin is correct.

The difference is only about 2.7% in total, despite an 8-10% difference in rating.

I'm going to check the tires to see if the previous owner put on the wrong profile. Once I get the speedometer and gps to match speed I'll get a better reading on the ecoroute accuracy.