View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #24 (permalink)
Eric5301
EcoModding Lurker

Cracked plastic spoiler, if it rattles when you close the liftgate, most likely it's cracked, it will set you back over $100.

My 04 insight 5 speed when purchased in 2011, had a new Honda oem battery pack, it lasted slightly over two years, evidently Honda only replaces the worn out cells, leaving old cells which test good in the pack. Eventually those cells wear out next, leaving an unusable ima battery in a short time. I went with Bumblebee this time and thus far it's been flawless.

The insight sits low to the ground, in cold rainy fall weather we've had here, squirrels got into the engine compartment (presumably for shelter from the cold and rain) and ate the emissions wiring, to the tune of $300+. If you see squirrels in your neighborhood, garage your Insight!

Other trouble spots: noisy idler, peeling plastic clear coat on the aluminum wheels (cosmetic), window trim rubber cracking/flaking off - plasticoat a temporary fix.

At 162k miles, the clutch, while not slipping, is getting noticeably noisy and jerky especially in reverse. I've considered a CVT, but like others have expressed concerns in long term reliability. If you have to spend 5k on a new CVT that sort of eats up any fuel savings from owning the cvt Insight.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric5301 For This Useful Post:
Xist (12-28-2018)