View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
Otto
Master EcoModder

Methinks centerline radiators (and everything else that needs airflow through it) at the stagnation point would be better: More pressure to push cooling air through, less drag since the airflow essentially stops at stag. pt. anyway, so you can have a smaller inlet hole, smaller radiator will do the job, better fairing of the outward and upward flow which then goes on over and past the car.

Some say, it's the tail shape that counts, not to worry about the nose. I disagree--apparently Mother Nature does too, which is why a tuna or trout does not have a nose shaped like a brick. If it did have a nose shaped like a brick, the flow downstream would be so buggered that the poor fish would get no traction, and get no breakfast, either. (It would be breakfast.)

Speaking of fast fishes, study their inlet/outlet geometry of mouth and gill. Mother Nature spent the past several hundred million years perfecting that, so we may as well copy the concept for vehicle inlets and outlets, as well as nose shapes. I'm working on that idea for the intercooler cooling air outlet on my Porsche 944 Turbo. Also may redo the whole face of the car, which (I regret to say) too much resembles a brick. Anybody here do Photoshop? If so, can you paste a Porsche Carrera GT face onto a 944 Turbo?