View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Volts View Post
So, Is it not so easy to lock up the torque convertor if that's the case?
It's been my experience that Chrysler factory transmission computers really do not like anything else messing with the transmission controls. If they sense something out of the ordinary, they'll cut power to the transmission controls altogether, and you get stuck in 2nd gear whether you like it or not.

With your 3-speed transmission, though, that's a different story. You might still get a check-engine light, but that's about it. Your transmission's brains are hydraulic, and will not really care too much if you have a switch that controls your TC lockup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Volts View Post
BTW, What's an MPGuino like and if EOCing does it boot up quickly? The ScanGauge kept going goofy when I tried to do it, Keying off and on. (I didn't see any other way to do it yet.)
The MPGuino "boots" up in about 1.5 seconds. Most of that is displaying the title screen, and can be greatly sped up. As for booting up, the MPGuino is connected to a battery source, so you do not need to worry about having it shut itself off as you would with a ScanGauge.
The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
101Volts (11-26-2013)