View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
NismoMax80
EcoModding Lurker

Max - '04 Nissan Maxima SE
90 day: 24 mpg (US)
polycarbonate (aka lexan) help

i have 2 sheets of poly i bought 2 years ago to make underbody panels. with one sheet i can cover under my front bumper back to my oil drain plug. i can also block off my lower grille opening and beside the fog lights with excess pieces.

i plan to use already existing holes on my subframe to add fasteners. seems like i will have to drill holes into my fiberglass bumper cover to use either fasteners or zip ties. i want to be able to remove the panel so i may access my transmission plug or other things from below if needed.

for my lower grille, i have no idea how to attach it. i still need to add mesh to the opening, but i might place the poly directly behind it. any ideas?

i do not want to block my top grille. (maybe something temporary during winter but not something "permanent") BUT i do want to add a horizontal piece maybe slightly inclined to keep the air flowing up and not down on top of the panel i add below. i think coroplast might be best to use here with some gorilla tape on the bumper to hold it.

any suggestions to help me cut, (hope i don't have to shape ), and attach the polycarbonate?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 0021.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 0041.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1062  

my current project