View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #61 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

You are asking the wrong question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonG View Post
Where did I ever suggest that the laws of physics changed in my engine?

Please contact your engineer friend and ask if they can clarify for us how the injection computer responds to the IAT input sensor.
That knowledge will provide the conclusive answer that we are all just guessing about.(myself included)
The more important question is: "what happens to a fuel droplet when injected into an increasingly hot combustion chamber?"

The response of the engine's computer to the IAT (intake air temperature ) is a programmed response that will vary tremendously from application to application. Of course that is what you seem to be driving at. That, your application will react differently than theirs to the modification of sensor readings such as IAT. From this you hope to gain a fuel efficiency benefit. I stress that understanding the droplet reaction that is the underlying framework for the diesel engine designer in the first place, is essential.

I am not stopping you from fooling with your particular vehicle's sensors. But, with greater understanding comes greater control. What do you hope to control and why?