View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #78 (permalink)
vlad
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
I am wondering if any of the ANG tanks are dual pressure compatible? I have seen it "mentioned" on one of the japanese manufacturers of ang tanks but they don't list any product numbers.

Reason being I would like the smaller size of ANG and lower pressure but also would like to be able to top off. I have never found a decent ANG tank domestically, I wonder if one exists like this?

If so I could stick to a relatively low pressure unit for home use (500psi) but have the tank capable of withstanding a quick fill from a local CNG fill station.

Ah well.
I personally don't see serious CNG - ANG alternatives in the nearest future. The technology is too darn simple and with home fueling makes is cheap. At this point HUGE unreasonable cost of home CNG pump kills it all. Commercial vehicles? may be....

Do you think car-maker's first priority is your wallet? Don't be naive.... money.... is their priority number one....

Just look were all car manufactures moved...... hybrids. Why? because they can "JUSTIFY" extra cost to you. Most hybrids have pay off period 10+ years and at that point you need new battery which wipes off your "savings". Taxi....? sure home use 10-15K a year? No

I see this as help yourself DIY project.

I think "dual pressure" has no sense from commercial point of view. You need strong 3600 Psi tank and if you have it they will sell you high pressure pump $$$$$$.

Now I am back from "no internet" vacation. My York 210 compressor just arrived, hydraulic cylinders are here... Fun begins.....