View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
A few years ago the auction I keep some of my old stuff at went all fancy with some new computer system, and they scanned in all the stuff in their yard and put it in inventory. Then one day someone put all the wrong cars as the equivalent to "Available Online" on their website meaning they could be bought. Cripes my phone rang off the hook with calls from their sales dept asking "How much for x, you know it's been here for like 5 years right?" Ya of course I know, I am the one that parked it there ha ha. No interest on the first gen Insights, nothing on the first gen Prius, nada on the Metro clones, nothing on the Civic VX, or any of the other Civics or Tercels. 17 calls on the 5.0 Mustangs, and 4 on a ratty chopped '82 Chev shortbox pickup. I dream of a day when I won't have to be the only person in my area code that digs eco cars more than some rotted out (though really cool looking ha ha) nightmare of tetanus shots in the form of a pickup truck!

I need to start some sort of "Save the Eco Cars" charity. Like those deals where people rescue old racing Greyhounds and find them homes! I am happy to spend the time and use the connections to find them here, but man they take up a lot of space and the bills for buying them add up!!