View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 01:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Vince-HX
Ecoformance Engineer

EJ7 - '96 honda civic Hx
Last 3: 58.02 mpg (US)
Oh, i know you guys love hardcore numbers and A-B-A testing but the guys driving didn't really come through, sorry

The engine was leaned out to 17-18:1 without any noticeable changes in how it ran, misfiring, ect. The speeds were very ecomodder unfriendly @ 80-90 mph but the newly tuned engine burped out 41 mpg The total trip mileage was approx 850 miles.

They had made this same trip before and stated that approximately half the gas was used for this trip compared to any previous ones. I believe the driver does not have any hypermiling knowledge either so i dont think DWL or anything like that was used. I do want to say that the previous tune was pretty bad and his car didnt run very well, worse then a bone stock car. So the better tune probably accounted for some of the 50% fuel reduction.

Hopefully I can get the local tuner, Locash, to do a real economy tune on his dynapacks for a small fee. I'm really interested in how far this engine can be pushed I wanna see 25:1

Ep3's and Rsx's getting 50mpg may be in the future

Before any of you guys ask the tuning software is $1000 for a K series so unless your car already has it installed this may not be a $$$ friendly mod.

70 mpg or die modding

www.full-race.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
looking forward to seeing what kind of uber-sipper slinks out of the full race skunkworks.

Last edited by Vince-HX; 07-02-2008 at 01:51 AM..