View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
HovSethLand
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
East, cheap, and discreet would include pumping up your tire pressure responsibly, a grill block, interior weight reduction, slowing down, and a rond of checks on the engine to ensure normal functionality everywhere.

Then you might start with cheap and highly effective mods, such as an injector kill switch (though you could always key-off too).

A great and easy mod is the addition of an Ultragauge. It pays for itself in a few tanks if you use it to learn the best hypermiling techniques, namely EO and DwL.

But if you are a new driver, and not someone who simply has never purchased a car but has experience behind the wheel, I strongly recommend building road experience before too much hypermiling... for safety.

Welcome to our wonderful world ... of... cheapness!
That reminds me, I need to go pump up my tires, I've been away at college without the car and the parents haven't exactly made maintenance their number one priority.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure an Ultragague would work, as my car is 1995 and I don't think it is OBD-II.

I'm still getting used to the manual transmission on my car, so I won't be doing any serious hypermiling yet, but I'll get into it gradually.