View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tony Raine
EcoModding Apprentice

Daily Driver - '01 Ford Explorer Sport
90 day: 18.12 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tony Raine
Internal hub 3 speed?

Heres the best pic i have right now.

its an old huffy "internal hub" 3 speed. found it behind my fraternity house a couple years ago. apparently an alum bought it new and rode it all through college and donated it to the fraternity after he graduated. it has sat behind the house under a lean-to ever since. i'm amazed it survived, given the location. not shown is the sears speedometer that was on it!

i put on new tires/tubes (kinda hard to find), lubed it little, and rode it around for awhile before i lost interest. now i want to get it in like-new condition, since i think its a cool piece of history. i am familiar with bicycles, every one i've ever had was a yard sale or dumpster special that i had to fix to be able to ride (i also have a 20" columbia "cruiser" and royce union "bmx"-style).

my only issue is that rear hub. gears 1 and 3 are good, but it "skips" in 2. i've played with cable adjustment with no noticeable help, which makes me think there is something wrong inside. plus i just want to take it apart and put it back together again, guess its my nature.

is there hope? is this something i can get replacement parts for? i did some googling, but didn't really find what i am looking for.

thanks for the help!