View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #554 (permalink)
kevins
EcoModding Lurker

Send a message via ICQ to kevins Send a message via AIM to kevins Send a message via MSN to kevins Send a message via Yahoo to kevins
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Here's an update you won't like. This generic snow storm has collapsed the roof of the temporary shelter I had built over CarBEN, and several hundred pounds of snow and the shards of wood have shattered the hatch door ...

The sides are also broken. I am very sad. Things will have to be assessed in daylight after unburying it. Pictures and a video will be posted, soon.
Wow, after reading through the entire thread, and admiring all the hard work, I see this. Part way into the thread I was thinking how terrible it would be if the temporary structure fell on it and was going to warn against it (I myself have had a carport canopy fall on a vehicle) but figured I should read the whole thread first. Ouch!

Very sorry to see this Neil, but hopefully once you clear the snow away you will be able to pick up the pieces and glue them back together like a jigsaw puzzle, and get back on track. It doesn't look to be all that bad really, in the grand scheme of things. Glue the bits together as best you can, fill the gaps with some filler or some kind or some scrap material, and then finish sanding it and start getting the fiberglass on there. Imagine how much worse it would have been had you already cut out the window openings, or had the windshield sitting in place when things came crashing down.

Here's wishing you the best of luck with the project! I can't wait to see things as they progress.
The Following User Says Thank You to kevins For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (12-19-2013)