View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
I thought Lucas was Lord of Darkness and the reason why warm beer is popular over there? (Didn't they make refrigerators as well? ha ha) But 5 years? Wow I think that one takes the cake, you would think that the plates would have sulfated to death by then.

As for shortest period of time, I think mine would be the instant it was installed. It was the cheapest battery you could buy at Canadian Tire (a chain hardware store we have), for an old Corolla I had at the time. The rumor has always been that their cheap stuff is rebranded factory seconds/rejects they sell under their own in house brand name. I installed the battery and it blew out the fuseable link from the battery. Took it to a shop to have it checked and it had an internal short/issue of some sort that made it totally unusable. Now when I need a cheap battery I buy one from a place that tells me up front that they sell factory seconds, and have never had a problem with one of theirs. I am guessing most batteries are made by a few big manufacturers and labeled with whatever brand the selling company wants, but I seem to have the best luck with Delco, Interstate, and old Die Hards. Maybe they are all made by the same factory or something?