View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
1slw4dr
EcoModding Lurker

Thirsty Bitch - '94 Honda Prelude S
90 day: 26.57 mpg (US)

Ma'ma Bears - '09 Nissan Altima 2.5 S
90 day: 24.35 mpg (US)

EcoBitch - '97 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtrain View Post
If your worried about a few PSI in the tires doing that much change to your handling in the corner.... then you might be going to fast.
Ya sometimes I get over excited. Right song on the iPod starts playing and the blood gets pumping and I'm in it to win it. I put a lot of time and money into my cars so every once in a while I like to make sure the money was well placed. For now though I'm testing out the whole higher PSI trick to see how it works so my driving is a lot more reserved. Handling aside at work I've seen what too much PSI can do to tread wear and that also worries me. I'm going to test it out but if the center starts to wear out faster than the outer edges I'll have to drop the PSI back down. I see it happen all the time with cars and trucks people over inflate the tires mistaking tires max allowed pressure for what the cars pressure should actually be. I usually make my own educated choice on tire pressure but I drive 100+ miles a day with no power steering so I tend to feel it more then your average person especially considering the performance aspect of its importance to me. Less pressure up front with slightly higher in the rear to promote oversteer since in a front wheel drive car I am plagued with understeer issues.