View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

OK, but I'm seeing things like this:

Quote:
San Diego County Supervisor Ronald Roberts, a member of the California Air Resources Board (ARB), presented the first rebate check issued from $15 million allocated by ARB for clean vehicles to Kim Adelman of Poway, Calif.

Adelman received $2,500 for purchasing a 2011 Nissan LEAF during a ceremony held Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2011, at the California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE), administers of ARB’s Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP).

Now in its third-year of funding, CVRP promotes the purchase of zero-emission or plug-in hybrid passenger vehicles. During the past two years, $11.1 million, including $2 million provided by the California Energy Commission, funded approximately 2,000 rebates. During the current fiscal year, the ARB allocated an additional $15 million to the CVRP, which will fund 6,000 to 8,000 rebates, depending on the mix of vehicles.

The program incentives are available for electric, plug-in hybrid electric, fuel cell vehicles and electric motorcycles. Rebates are dependent on vehicle type, model year and fuel technology and range from $900 to $2,500.
There is also a page where you can calculate how much you will get.

Clean vehicles great! Leccy cars, go for it. Just wonder if really the owners should take the risk themselves as to whether the extra cost is met by the savings involved rather than taxpayers, possibly at the lower and of the scale, should have some of their taxes handed over to probably wealthier citizens so they can buy a new toy, sorry, er, car ?
mcrews (12-23-2013), redpoint5 (12-23-2013)