View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
1slw4dr
EcoModding Lurker

Thirsty Bitch - '94 Honda Prelude S
90 day: 26.57 mpg (US)

Ma'ma Bears - '09 Nissan Altima 2.5 S
90 day: 24.35 mpg (US)

EcoBitch - '97 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAFirefighter11 View Post
I'd love to but that's basically impossible. Not sure how it is down there but up here I'd get run off the road. The speed limit is 65 & 55 respectively on the 2 main highways in my daily commute. Most people do 80+. The way it works here is if you aren't at least 10 MPH over, even in the right line, you have people within inches of your bumper, passing you and cutting you off, and just overall reckless behavior. This includes tractor trailer drivers especially since you're in "their" lane and they need to switch over to the left or center lane (if applicable) to pass you.

With that said, I do 65 MPH the whole way, on both the 65 and 55 zoned highways. The 65 has 3 lanes, the 55 has 2, so that speed works well for both.
I'm about to drive up to York to pick up an HX for my daily commute. Here in North VA it's the same. Hell when I lived in Orlando it was as well. People get mad as hell especially when people drive to slow in the left lane. It's insane. I can get like that at times too but if your doing 70 in a 55 there is no reason for someone to be getting mad lol but that's how it is.