View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 07:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
BLSTIC
Master EcoModder

Delivery 'Boy - '86 Suzuki Mighty Boy
90 day: 37.15 mpg (US)

SkipSwift - '13 Suzuki Swift GL
90 day: 35.44 mpg (US)
I'm aware that, unfortunately, aeromodding won't actually do me much good on my car (if I make a bicycle faring however...). My main purpose isn't to save money though, the main purpose is to prove to myself that I can, and to properly document the process for others.

It kind of sucks that I don't do much highway driving (in fact in this car I simply haven't been outside the city limits). But as I said before, this is a 'just coz' thing.

But anyway I looked under the car. There's clear evidence of aero development. A rubber lip hangs down under the car across the full with of the radiator. The bumper comes all the way back to meet this panel and the wheel spats (deflectors, whatever you call them). The front grill opening is more or less sealed to the radiator/condenser, and as you can see, that's some huge-ass openings in the grill.

The rear leaves more to be desired though... As does the mid section, but it looks decidedly easy to panel over. No Tailshaft, exhaust down the trans tunnel. Panel each side of the exhaust. Wham Bam Thankyou Maam. I suppose according to the volvo paper the front wheels are the largest contributor on the underside, so at least they sorted that one...

I would like to modify to increase fuel economy around town, but without majorly intrusive driving style changes and obviously-piss-off-the-dealer mods I'm limited to what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyrabbit
In God we trust. All others: bring data