Thread: Diamond Lube
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #90 (permalink)
DiamondLube
EcoModding Lurker

You are assuming that the oil will always be Stuck to the metal providing a protective barrier - then why the need for an oil filter? Why does everybody's engine, transmission and differentials wear out over time if oil works so good? Point is oil itself does not work that good, but before I came out with this diamond coating there just were not that many options.

If a diamond coating cannot work, how is it that the engine noise drops and power increases on every engine I treat including the 4 stroke bike engine on the Dyno on my webpage? Every engine treated does the same thing, including the Harley Davidson test at Wild Fire HD in Villa Park, IL. Engine Noise dropped over 50%, and that should mean something, but the bike revved 30% quicker too, and it doesn't conform to current scientific theory, but it means something to racing people like the guys car on my webpage.

The engine in that car is designed to shift at 5500 RPM, but after treatment he was surprised he hit 6000 before shifting, and later ran it out to 6500, and then passing on the straightaway went smoothly and very quickly to 7000 RPM. Superior lubrication of the rings and cylinders is the primary Key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
Someone here earlier brought up a good point regarding the film thickness and the shear drag that a hydrostatically lubricated oil system exhibits.

Basic lubrication says you have oil stuck to one metal surface like a journal bearing, and then stuck on the corresponding surface like the crank. Those atoms stuck on the surface (Gold) do not move, and the fluid rides on itself thus giving you a relatively low friction system wherein the shear of the fluid is the only resistance.

Now these nano diamond particles very small by definition, so how do they help here? Because if they're stuck to the metal, there is still a layer of oil film (Yellow), presumably many times thicker still, creating the same amount of oil film drag. If the nano particles are riding along in suspension with the film layer, they aren't helping either.

Where exactly is the friction reduced in the oil film system here?

Or is that a trade secret?

I'm guessing most folks don't understand these basic principles, so when someone comes along and says they know a way to improve it, most people are like, "All right then". Even though they didn't really know anything to begin with.

The problem with a con man coming here to this forum trying to baffle with BS is we're generally more educated than the average person, and tend to see why it is that something is bogus to begin with based on plain facts.

Now, for a gun, I can see where this would work great as advertised and have No Issue whassoever with the claims made. DiamondLube makes perfect sense for a "dry lube" type thing. Good for you. Stick with that.

Fish swim, birds fly. Same sorta, but different.

Car engines are not dry lubed, guns don't have oil pumps.