View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #119 (permalink)
TurnNBurn
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
Yes, just a steel or aluminum bar that puts tension on the outside of the skate wheel so it doesn't bend.
The bolt itself is pretty well enforced with a very thick and long steel washer. Well, it's more like a shaft than a washer. The shaft is between the bearing on the wheel and the motor plate. I also have several lock washers in place.

I have a question regarding batteries again. My goals have changed significantly. After doing some highway driving here in vegas and being almost run off the road in my truck I doubt I'm going to want to take the bike on the freeway up to 65-75 MPH. However, since speed limits on city roads are typically 45-55 MPH, that is now my goal.

45-55 MPH for at least 40 miles. Once again I find myself lured into by lead acid, this time for new reasons. Not only are they cheaper, but I found out you can drain the acid and refurbish batteries from home for relatively low cost. Granted, this can only be done two or three times, but that's more life from an otherwise dead battery.

So my new question is with LifePo4 I was looking at 65 amp hour batteries. Those go for $77 a battery. That was back when my goal was sustained 65-70 MPH speeds. With my new goal, would 40 amp hour battery do the job? I'm still looking at a 72v setup.

Last edited by TurnNBurn; 12-27-2013 at 11:23 AM..