View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Almost Got a ticket last night

I just had to post this ....

I got pulled over last night ... sorry for the longwinded story, its how I roll.

Coming home on a three lane city street where the speed limit is 45mph I drive 40mph. It was 10pm and I was in the middle lane with no traffic to be seen. In the distance I see a set of headlights coming up behind me really fast. Fast enough to make me want to brace myself in case the idiot is drunk and doesn't know to swerve. Well once on top of me the lights finally slowed down to uncomfortable tailgating distance. After about 2 minutes a spot light came on which of course was aimed right into my rear view mirror. I immeadiately directed the mirror away from my eyes and thats when the lights came on ...

Since I wasn't speeding, the roads were empty and I was not in the mood to deal with this, I simply slapped the car in neutral, cut off the engine and coasted to a complete stop, (that took a while and about a mile). The cop then asked me to step outside the vehicle and walk back to his car.

I got the standard, "Do you know why I pulled you over?", to which I responded, "Because I was in your way as you were speeding down the road?". He then called me a smartass to which I responded I was. I asked him if he knew why he pulled me over. He answered with, "One more disrespectful remark and I'll ticket you." I asked for what?

He says I was driving to slow on the road ... I laughed, quite loudly and said,"Let me get this straight, you are going to give me a ticket because I am driving alone on an empty road 5 miles below the speed limit?" "Ticket me now so I can save the smart ass comment", I said.

He checked my license, reg, ins and then said, "I'm going to let you off with a warning", I interrupted him right there and said,"Let me let you off with a warning, remember this car, because I will not alter my driving habits to suit your power trip. Furthermore, if and when you give the ticket because I was driving to slow, there better be a sign stating what the minimum safe speed is for this road, otherwise, I will own the city via lawsuit for encouraging speeding by driving at the speed limit. And undoubtedly, you will have to answer to a pissed off judge when my high priced lawyer shows up in court and makes you look like an ass for wasting the courts time with such important matters. Therefore I hope YOU have a better evening and can only hope that 2 open lanes is enough space for you pass my vehicle in the future.

I collected my things got in my car and drove off @ 35mph with him following me for the next three miles ... LOL

Maybe later I'll post what really went through my mind as he was lecturing me on my driving habits .. LOL

Now I rarely challenge the law and I do not encourage this for anyone else, but I felt with a 15yr safe driving record behind me I could afford 1 ticket and perhaps a night in jail may elevate my rep amongst us ecomodders .... LOL

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???

The Following User Says Thank You to trikkonceptz For This Useful Post:
P3T3R5ON (03-02-2016)