View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
Geo Jeff evidently didn't like English class.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what he came up with. Sounds like it bolts on behind the car, then you take the rear wheels off. Might be a longer wheelbase than optimal; would like to read a ride report.
Usually I just glean from the comments you guys post, but I actually read this one, despite Frank's warning.

My goodness. Would he ignore me if I sent a grammar-checked version? In some parts I could only wonder what he intended to say. He wrote that he spent months working on this, which sounds like quite an investment, and I do not know anything about the equipment that he mentioned, but it sounds more valuable than a Metro. He could not have someone with actual writing ability make it look semi-professional?

Quote:
Its almost ready to start putting pictures up.
I think this reasoning is backwards to most of us, especially if he is trying to get people interested.

Quote:
Jeff's Geo Metro 3 wheel conversion takes your stock standard Geo Metro or Suzuki Swift and makes it awesome. Its not only super fun and gets all the attention on the road and at the occasional gas pump or propane fill up station.
Metros are great cars, I just wonder what his definition of "awesome" is, especially if it only requires a few hours of labor to get there with a Metro.

Quote:
In just a few hours you can convert your Geo over to 3 wheels.
What?! I do not have any idea how you could do that without it, unless somehow they made the rear tire assembly bolt-on.

If you remove one wheel and one axle, you can reduce some weight. If you then taper the rear, which you could never do in a few hours, you could make it more aerodynamic, and also shed a little more weight.

None of this makes any sense to me.