View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #92 (permalink)
vlad
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hack View Post
little more on adsorption:
Adsorbed Natural Gas (ANG) vs. LNG and CNG - scopeWe - a Virtual Engineer

"The amount of adsorbed and delivered natural gas strongly depends on the type of adsorbent solids used. There are two important numbers: 213 v/v is the maximum theoretical capacity of activated carbon, and 120 v/v that is the capacity of usual adsorbents. Reaching to the maximum theoretical capacity from the low normal capacity of adsorbents has been the activating energy to expand ANG industry. It is notable that 150 v/v is known to be economical capacity for industrial adsorbents. "
I absolutely agree about ANG vs CNG vs LNG. This is the best way to go. This is the future of natural gas car industry. It solves many problems and makes possible and cheap/affordable home refueling. We actually make adsorbent material work like pump for free.

But the problem is we live right here and right now. If you tell me where I can buy adsorbent material today I will buy it and put it inside my 3000 Psi CNG tanks or even take LPG tank and fill it up with this magical material. Everything I can see right now is all experimental and nobody knows when we can see the light.....

I can build 500 Psi compressor in just one day using R410a compressor. But I need at least 1200 Psi to get 2 GGE using my 2 large 3000 Psi tanks. I don't want to add 3 more tanks.