View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 10:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
I'll be honest, I skipped page 2- but in the eco world, we have to pay to play. The standard is a base car, we have to pay to be fairly equipped.

If all the cars were done as well as they could be, what would be built next year? I think about planned obsolescence. The original Razor cell phones, still to the day people keep buying old ones and using them (or keeping extras) because they last for years- I know one person (an old friends mom) with a collection of ATT Razors because hers lasted forever, and she was afraid of getting something crappy when it finally died.

Why aren't all cars built with the best parts, and done as well as possible? It'd never be replaced. Why build a car with aero shutters, full underbodies, good looking rims, cars with major XL1 characteristics?

All of it costs money- good parts, and good design, and consumers really don't want to pay for it. Sat nav and chrome are more valuable :/

Edit: We all know this...it's not like it's anything new to anyone here. I kind of appreciate the lack of effort, it makes me feel like I have purpose with my vehicles.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.