View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #284 (permalink)
doclees
EcoModding Apprentice

I don't know why a company would set a totally unrealistic intro price just to raise it by 50% after introduction. Seems that that would kill the market they had developed. I would assume these guys have enough business sense to crunch numbers close to a profitable price. I don't think a comparison to the Tesla S is even close yet if they were shooting for $50k and hit $63k thats not bad. Things like Tesla, Aptera, Terrafugia have a pretty small market they can even access. Price alone kills most of the U.S.. New technology kills more market. New tech is fun when you don't need to somewhat trust your life on it. When you do it will scare people away. The elio crosses many potential markets such as price (even if it comes in at $10k), green, motorcyclist, student, RV folks, hypermiler, tuners, drifters, tweekers that will stuff a 10 cylinder lamborghini in there, ecco tweeker that will put a 1 cylinder biodiesel in there.

I'd even buy it as a kit for $6800.