View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 08:17 AM   #25 (permalink)
mloveland78
EcoModding Apprentice

Civic - '93 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 74.19 mpg (US)
Brrrrrrrrrr

It being the winter months here in the northeast my current mods center around heat for the car and me! I installed a full grille block, Honda factory block heater, and a warm air intake. I still have to measure temps in the intake to see if it is doing any good. Data to follow. I also have added a Kammback but don't have pics of it yet. It was a rush job right before I had to make a 1,800 mile trip for the holidays.
The block heater install was easy, I did have to loosen and pry back the exhaust manifold though. After that I just followed the instructions in the kit from Honda.
For the warm air intake I had to purchase a stock intake off ebay first because my car's intake ended at the filter box when I bought it. I installed it minus the large resonating chamber and then just turned the snorkel towards the exhaust. Its almost like the Honda engineers planned it that way. I extended it with some flexible stainless steel ducting that I had laying around so it was pretty close to the catalytic converter and sealed it up with some aluminum tape. Easy-peasy.

Eagle - eyed viewers will also notice the new wheels. I had to get 14" steel wheels for my new studded snow tires I got for the trip. Smoothies to follow soon....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mloveland78 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (01-03-2014), California98Civic (01-03-2014)