View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 10:23 PM   #314 (permalink)
doclees
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroJim View Post

I foresee some legal troubles in certain states regarding this vehicle's status. If they can maintain motorcycle status, then they can certainly afford to produce these vehicles with a base price of $7,000. If it is labeled as a car, I believe the company will be doomed.
The company web site has a PDF link showing helmet laws for some states which is different than that of consumer reports 2013 listings. So I am assuming they are holding motorcycle status in all states as of this time with some states granting special status regarding helmets. This suggests that some states will still require the use of a helmet while enclosed in the Elio. Given the MPGs this should get I will be able to drive around those states.

Although the web site says 4th quarter 2014 production the most current press release said 2015. I have emailed the company for clarification.

Oh I think I see where the new headlights are going. Looks like they may be integral to the hood.

Last edited by doclees; 01-09-2014 at 01:31 AM..