View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
beluga
EcoModding Lurker

baby beluga - '90 toyota camry dx wagon
90 day: 29.21 mpg (US)

red1 - '97 Matsuda Miata
90 day: 31.01 mpg (US)
Thumbs up

Thanks for posting those. I tried superimposing the template tool on a photo of "a" camry wagon before i took mine today. also tried super-imposing an insight profile over mine in a couple spots, like you've done.

That helps though - thanks for reminding me about the templates. Well, if Walmart can do it, so can we :P

I'm thinking just 1/8" polycarbonate with straight angles from TAP Plastics or something until i figure out how to bend the PC like basjoos did, or whoever it was. Clear PC is cheaper than colored, and I want to keep my good existing driver visibility out the back window.

Even if we have short tails, it still seems to help for Walmart and other semi truck haulers (5-6% per ATDynamics) so seems worth trying out. They have done testing already so maybe their shape is ideal? (tho that could be for ease of use/ automation reasons that they have a \/ and ^ shape in the horizontal sections of their square trailer tails...)

Am intrigued with making a whale roof. I have time, just not know-how yet. Wondering if sharp-line shapes would be okay to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post