View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
alpha1
EcoModding Lurker

I like my ultra gauge and have enjoyed using it. The screens were not difficult for me to set up what my primary watched values were to be on the constantly visible 1st screen (I do set the kids watches and if you have problems with that, you may have problems with this). The mph seems accurate with the device. I like seeing the instantaneous gas mpg even though I know this cannot be exact per millisecond of time and assume any device estimating gas consumed will be off a little without measuring the actual gas in the tank per any time value desired as well as at fill up.
This leads me to a few of the dislikes. One, the estimate of mpg consumed usually appears a little better mpg than actual measured on gas refills but it is not a lot and is bearable. Two, the alarm setting to indicate low fuel is a pain to reset while driving due to having to scroll through different screens than your primary and either resetting the gal of gas to a higher amount or just turning it off. The pulling off the road is not an option for me when driving to work; so I listen and watch the alarm go off which is annoying. Thus my opinion of two is never set the low gas alarm if your real gas gauge works on your vehicle. It's not worth the reset aggregation and the flashing annoys you while driving. I did Disable my ALARM value and I no longer monitor this low gas warning value.
The third thing I would like to repeat that the $10 coupon was not worth my time since I make over $20 a hour and it took 30 minutes to get the data from the gauge and insert it into the form(It will definitely take you longer than 5 minutes as I cannot even walk to the car and back to the house and start the computer to retrieve the form at the website in 5 minutes); Expect to waste 30 minutes on this. I never mailed mine in as I did not want to waste more time monitoring the mail to assure I didn't throw away this $10 with the other junk mail I routinely receive.

But, overall I am happy with the device.
The Following User Says Thank You to alpha1 For This Useful Post:
Dave's Civic Duty (07-12-2016)