View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Second all of the above. I'm both happy and slightly disappointed with my UG.

Seven screens with up to 8 gauges seems nice, but if you stick to just 6 gauges per screen you will also have the health and open loop indicators while you lose them at 8.

Once you fix it to the dash (I had a hard time finding a vacant spot; you do want to keep it out of direct sunlight as it is sensitive to overheating) you cannot access the buttons easily, as they are on the back of the unit.
At first the FE readings seemed pretty accurate, but with winter gas it seems off. I hardly look at it now as my car has a reasonable FE display.

Swapping screens, which it can do automatically, and you can set the time each screen displays, seems brilliant BUT you need to look away from the device at least part of the time while driving so you really want to keep it simple, just 1 screen in my case; the swaps annoyed me big time.
You can also choose for manual swapping, but as the buttons are on the back of the unit you would not want to do that while driving.

I had to turn all alarms off at first, it was a real PITA esp. the low gas warnings that popped up wit no relation to actual tank fill.
I too spent more than an hour configuruing and reconfiguring the UG.
I now have only the alarms which I find useful.

Nonetheless, I like the readability, flexibility and low price.
I ordered mine from Germany at OBD2-Shop.eu - UltraGauge EM V1.2 and got it in a week, no hassle, no rebate offered neither received. THE solution for buyers in Europe.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 01-11-2014 at 04:31 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to RedDevil For This Useful Post:
Dave's Civic Duty (07-12-2016)