View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Addition of "Mod" to Fuel Log

Hello, all!

I noticed my fuel log is getting a decent size. I also noticed, MANY other users have MUCH bigger logs.

(Sometimes I am scattered in my thoughts, so stick with me!)

Now I also modify my cars, as do most of the users on here. I post when I do my mods on my main page, so I can remember, and I sometimes try to put them into my fuel log. Looking at the log, it is hard to tell when I put one into play by just the chart.

My idea is this: Like a "Fill Up" goes into the log/chart, can we make an entry for a mod?

In my mind it works out like this. Instead of being a fill up, we click a bubble or button that is for "Modification." This lets us write in what it is. Maybe in blue, a bar (maybe skinnier than a normal green bar) goes from top to bottom. In vertical writing, it says the mod title, for example "Grille Block" or "Underbody 2.0." In a dream world more data could be calculated, or information between/after mods. I am not expecting all of that, but I would like it a lot if we could have the mods dropped in. I think it would also help other people understand our journeys. None of us just woke up and started getting much higher FE, time (driving technique) and modifications got us there/here.

Seeing that jump from a mod, or how it shaped our current FE, would be nice. Just an idea, any and all feedback is welcome.

Another thought is to be able to expand the fuel log in size. Some hardcore people here have unreadable charts from their dedication to the fuel log- it would be cool if we could expand it to a larger size, say by pop up or something more so clever I don't know about.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to UltArc For This Useful Post:
Blue Angel (07-29-2014), elhigh (01-12-2014), mikeyjd (01-17-2015), MobilOne (01-23-2015), pgfpro (01-12-2014), whatmaycome14 (08-05-2014), wmjinman (01-19-2015)