View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #46 (permalink)
Cobb
Master EcoModder

Thats good to know. The gen 2 is rather clumsy in its performance and hand off between the ima power curves, the engine and shifting of the cvt. Although the American one suggests 87, the Euro and others the manual suggests 91 octane. I tried buying gas at different stations and different grades since the timing was almost always severely retarded.

Granted I considered trading mines like others have, I had found renewed interest with my city driving I do now and the better performance on 93 octane from BP.

With the better gas when the car recharges while going up hill you do not feel like the parking brake was pulled up 5 notches or 3 large people hopped in to hitch a ride.

Likewise throttle response is improved. Once warm and driven you can floor the insight at a stop and having nothing happen for 3-5 seconds. Then the engine revs and you crawl along. Now I trigger trac control and my tires are inflated to 35psi.

With the mix of 885 added I notice more assist when accelerating and regen when coasting. It seems someone adjusted the tps so the ima system works better with the engine. THe power band is more fluid and you feel one torque curve vs the 2. You know, where the ima system drops off just off 2 grand and where the engine starts to ramp up at 4700 rpms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
50:50 this time of year would be 50% E10 and 50% E70 for ~E40. I'm always curious how the Honda hybrids handle higher levels of Ethanol. The benefit of premium in the Honda L series is well known. From technical articles that I've read concerning the L series, the SCR was specifically designed to improve partial throttle fuel efficiency. Which means it's tuned very rich at high loads, from my experience.