View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #37 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
50! That's way beyond the MTP on my winter tires. I'm already beyond that at 43 PSI, which cures about all my handling issues.
Thought it did not work out well as bad handling and side wind sensitivity were apparent the last month of so. Did a routine check and saw I was down to about 35 PSI all round ???
Upped it to 43 and problem gone. I'm convinced.

But I never felt the need of a sway bar. I have been driving cars hard, even did some amateur kart racing both indoor and outdoor. The Insight is the best cornering car I've ever owned, with no added suspension kits of any kind.
There is that corner leaving the highway, if the lights are green... I coast towards that, harvesting energy in the battery. Cars move up to my tail. Porsches, Audis, Priuses, you name it. I lose them all in that corner. I mean all. Nobody has yet kept up with me through that corner.
50 yards past on the straight they come blazing past to shed the humiliation or show their IQ or God knows what. Chill guys, just being green here

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 01-14-2014 at 05:02 PM..