View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
Ford can't make the new Focus fast enough, either, and it gets redesigned in 2010, I think. When I was walking (not driving) around Mexico this week I saw so many fantastic small cars made by Ford and GM. Too bad they aren't equipped for the US market. There would be a line out customers waiting to get in the door.
Another thing to consider is Ford has set itself up as the #1 truck manufacturer in the country. For the past 20+ years its worked for them, all of a sudden this country is in need of more economy based vehicles for which Ford does not produce for the US other than Focus. So what I see is my Ford dealership, focusing on used car sales, (Subcompacts), in order to weigh out the storm until more economy based models show up on the horizon. Introducing the Festiva, will be a good first step, just not fast enough.

For the next couple of years, Honda, Toyota, & Hyundai may reign supreme until our fab three can produce a variety of quality sub compacts & hybrids.

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???