View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 10:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chris-Massachusetts
EcoModding Lurker

OK, I understand your comment, and appreciate your feed back but, I purchased the 4 17" Factory Elantra Aluminum rims used from another Elantra owner for a little over 300 bucks. (He went to 18s) I am keeping my 16" steel for winter. This is not about a bling look. One kid in college and one soon to go, and long trips to help my parents where I need snow tires.
I do not own 15" rims, and to get 15 or 16" rims is over $100ea (closer to 130 a pop) providing I want the correct offset.
My question was about your Brand Model recommendations for the sizes I have in the title. If no one uses that size I understand it would be hard to comment on that size.
If you are recommending I up size the diameter, then how much? I am currently at 25.1 Diameter. The limited rims come with 24.8 Diameter tire, so I am already staying larger.
By the way,
There is also information that wide is not necessarily worse. Please I am not trying to start an argument, But I believe there is a member CapriRacer that would back me on this.
I do truly appreciate your opinion, and I respect what is being done here. I do what I can with limited time and resources. My UltraGauge is mounted and I live by it. In the summer I have achieved over 50 MPG for more than 4 fill-ups. I understand this is small by your standards. But back to my original question.
Please, If you were going to buy this size tire, what would you buy? Is one brand and model better than another? Again what is the best rolling tire in this size?

Thanks again in advance,
Chris