View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #126 (permalink)
wdb
lurker's apprentice

PlainJane - '12 Toyota Tacoma Base 4WD Access Cab
90 day: 20.98 mpg (US)
Just found this thread. Fellow STi owner here, mine's a 2005. I see you're getting 26.7 MPG average, congratulations! You have impressive (or should I say imprez-ive) willpower.

I managed 25-ish when I was driving mine on a long daily commute, but I drove myself nuts. It's an STi fer cryin' out loud! I didn't buy it for its fuel economy, I bought it because it goes like stink and never saw a corner it didn't want to pound into submission. I finally saved my sanity by paying the car off ASAP and buying a Honda Fit for the long commute. The Fit paid for itself in fuel cost savings alone, and the STi is much more enjoyable these days now that I'm not paying attention to the gas gauge.

Anyway, back to ecomodding. I see you're building an undertray. My model year actually has plastic ones under there from the factory (although it is in sore need of a diffuser). Have you looked into the possibility that factory bits might exist for your 2013 car? Even if you don't want to buy them, you might find mounting points for your homespun version.