Thread: Aero help
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 01:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
Wolf_Tm
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
Looks all the world to me like there is a good area of high pressure to generate plenty of flow through the coolers placed there. If it were a solid area, I could see it being a serious transition area and pressure would be dramatically lower....but it isn't, it is essentially a flat area facing forward. The side or your existing air intake is already going to act as a scoop, so I don't see a need to extend it forward to be more scoopy. The air on the orange Pelican Tech Porsche scoop thing appears to be coming off a large solid area, the turn signal and such, so it would be moving sideways quite a bit. There I can see the need to extend the scoop on it. On your car, the air is being gobbled up by the main air intake inboard, so the air is coming straight into your lower side intakes. I really think it will work well for you. Good luck! Super cool project you have there.

Thanks for your argument, makes a lot of sense to me!

Last question...
where would you guys open the rear part of the vane to let the air go out against the tyre?
I'd say the inner lower part, given that I have lips on the bumper to decrease pressure under the car...
Toyota Celica Gt-Four ST205 Snowy White [2.34kg/hp - 600Nm@4950rpm]
EFI University Advanced Tuner