View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
NismoMax80
EcoModding Lurker

Max - '04 Nissan Maxima SE
90 day: 24 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaMatt View Post
Another piece of knowledge from the racing community: Make a sealed duct-work from the nose to the rad to the wheel well. Make it completely sealed all the way around the rad, and sealed around the entrance and exit. This way ALL air entering the front hits the rad for best cooling and exits in the wheel well. You can have an air-tight engine bay.
that seems like A LOT of work. would that require removing the fans? i can't even imagine having enough space to add the ductwork. I think there may be someone on this forum that is will to try it seeing the tremendous benefits.

so it would be okay to have no airflow over the engine bay componenet? cooling the rad to circulate coolant is enough? my stock setup tries to seal the incoming air at the main grille into the radiator with side fins and closing the top. but the rad extends down to below the actual bumper.

i was planning to add coroplast to keep the air from slamming down to the undertray. but thinking of pressure, unless totally sealed ducting like you mentioned, it will find it's way down there anyway.

I'm thinking just open vents into the wells and a vent behind an air dam below.

my current project