View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 10:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Chris-Massachusetts
EcoModding Lurker

Thank you CapriRacer I will pick the larger tire!
I was using the tire rack web site to establish tire diameters as near to (or above) the 25.1 stock diameter. I am not sure if the diameter is a loaded diameter or unloaded comparison. I am also not sure how much a change from 24.5 or 24.7 to 25.1 will have, but I will be going the right way.
I had a question for CapriRacer about proper tire inflation. I believe you explained this to me before. (I will repeat this question at your site, perhaps it's there and I missed it.)
The question is establishing the tire manufacturers recommended PSI for a given load on a specific tire.
I understand this is a loaded question (No pun intended) because of manufacturer margins for safety factor likely vary and not to forget liability.
But if I am changing to tires with a different load rating, I want to know how to establish the proper tire inflation.
I am sure that most people here have noticed that a 3 to 7 PSI change can drastically change MPG. What I am interested in is the small change that can yield the most benefit with the least loss of traction or wear.
Thanks again for the help Tires are a big purchase for me an once on I am married to them (for better or worse)
Chris