View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 07:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cobb
Master EcoModder

Sway bars are measured in diameters. Find out which is what and use that as a reference. The gen 2 insight shares a lot of parts with the honda fit, so many of the parts will work. Me and a few use a progresstech rear sway bar in addtion to tanabe springs. I went a step further to front and rear sway bars, a b piller brace, under frame brace and rear hitch. Yes, the rear trailer hitch isnt used for towng, but to square up the rear end and having that 35lbs below the axle line really helps to keep the rear tucked un around corners.

I dont autocross, but its the only advantage I have on the open road is out cornering the a holes around me. I never forget the day I just bolted up everything and was on a long winding merge lane 2 wide and no one would let me in the left lane, which is what it reduced to in a mile. I just kept my signal on and accelerated to the previous speed limit as everyone was doing 45. No one bothered to race me, or pace me. Once I was 3 cars ahead of the lead car I merged over and went abou my business. Of course once the road straighten out I was still going 65mph and everyone passed me like I was standing still.

You can find a lot of these bars on ebay under the name ultra racing for the insight.

MadScientistMatt, whats your current vehicle? Im looking for a full size sedan about same kbb as me, 10 grand. I was looking for like an 09 or up impala, charger, mini van, etc.